Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It Happened! It Really Happened!!!

What is IT, you ask? If you have to ask that question, we haven't talked in about 6 months! IT = we got a contract on our house!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! *insert goofy grinning smiley here*

It has been a tough couple - few weeks at the Peacock house. Stress, worry, and tension have been at an all time high. Then, this past Friday night, we went out with our good neighbor-friends for therapy night. They spent all of dinner reassuring us that it was going to be ok (much like everyone else in our lives - thank you all). I have to admit, by the end of the night, when we picked the kids up from church, I had a little better outlook and felt just a tiny bit more positive. Then we got home. 10:00 p.m. There was a message. It was from a couple who had looked at the house twice during the week, and they wanted to come for a third look the next morning. WHAT?! Bill and I had gotten to where we didn't say anything when someone wanted to look at the house. It used to be, "Maybe this is the one, Babe," or "I gotta good feeling this time." This time: nothing. We went about our night time routine (an hour and a half late), got the kiddos in bed, and went to bed ourselves. Apparently, both of our insides were stewing with "what ifs" and "maybes" because neither one of us slept. Matter of fact, we watched TV from 2 -4 a.m. Still, nothing was said about "it." No "maybe, Baby's." No nothin'.

Saturday arrived, as did the family of 4 who liked our house enough to want to see it for the 3rd time. Bill is great. He's just such a people person... he can talk to anyone. I love that about him. Even when a potential buyer is the new upper management of the "opposing" hospital in town! Caleb didn't know - nor care - who they were. All he knows is he's got his little heart set on his "new room!" So, as we're walking them to the door in closing of their 3rd visit, Caleb asks (not quietly), "Do they like it, Mommy? Are they gonna buy it?" All I could do was grin at his innocence and sincere curiosity. "I don't know, Baby. We'll see." Well, I guess they did and they are! About an hour later they called with the good news. About an hour after that their realtor called to get our information. This took it out of the surreal nook I had placed it in and spread it all out on the real table. At this point, Bill and could do nothing more than hug. Hug tightly. Hug so that our bodies could speak without words saying, "We're gonna be ok." We went on about our Saturday - Lowe's, lunch at DQ (yuck!), and Home Depot. We got THE call while at Home Depot that there was a contract, and it was ready for US. Needless to say, we zipped over to the office and signed that bad boy!!! (Even though I had a teeny tiny issue with one thing, I did just as my brilliant husband instructed: Shut up and sign.

And there you have it. It REALLY happened!! Even though (on my part, at least) just about all hope had faded, and I just knew God was answering this prayer with a NO, it happened. You know that whole thing about "Oh Ye of little faith?" Well, here I am... raising my hand, fessing up to that one - yet being blessed like I was faithful the entire time. *hanging head in shame*

6 comments:

Jenni said...

HALLELUJAH!!! Oh Carey, I am so happy for you all. What a weight lifted!!

Alyson Sandlin said...

I'm so thrilled for you! Can't wait to see that new house finished!

Diane said...

Even though I already knew this, it's still neat to read it in your words! All I can say is: 'Our God is good...ALL the time!"

Anonymous said...

congrats!!

kelsy said...

that is awesome news!!! congratulations!!!

Tina said...

I am doing a HAPPY dance for you! I know what a tough ride it has been. Breathe easy now.
Tina