Sunday, March 2, 2008

I Wanna Be A Cow-boy, Ba-by!!

That's right - it's that time of year - time to break out the cowpoke duds...the rodeo is here! And there's not another cowpoke that I like to see all dudded up than my Caleb! (Connor's not quite old enough for the duds...)
This year was bittersweet... Caleb is old enough to go out and enjoy some of the rides and games - FUN! However, I've been sooooo sick (flu?) that it was quite the struggle to go out there and be 100% for him. And, what's worse, Caleb started feeling bad Friday morning, so we had to leave the rodeo early that night. Now, as I type this, he's in bed sleeping off a fever and horrible cough. I haven't seen Caleb this sick in quite some time, and it's really breaking my heart. I can't seem to do anything to make him feel better, and I hate feeling like I'm failing him! So, like a ba-zillion other worried moms, we'll be calling the doc first thing in the morning to try to get him in. *sigh*

However, I was lucky enough to snap a few fun pics during Thursday evening's rodeo performance. Caleb and Connor had a great time in our box seats. They were able to see all of the action up close and get down and run around a bit, so it was the best of both worlds.

The rodeo announcer came up to Caleb and was asking him a few questions - one being, "Do you like girls?" My poor baby turned so red!! He was so embarrassed that he walked away from the microphone and came and wrapped his arms around me, "MOMMA!" Connor experienced something new - and fell in love with a blue, sweet, fluffy wonder known as cotton candy! YUMMY! He also enjoyed playing peek-a-boo with PaPa's cowboy hat - he had to, it's not like he had his own like Caleb! It was quite the fun time at the 76th Annual San Angelo Stock Show and Rodeo... I only hope we're all well next year so we can really enjoy it!!!

1 comment:

Alyson Sandlin said...

We know Caleb likes girls. Otherwise, he wouldn't have had so much fun playing doctor with Sophie!